Hollow City By Ransom Riggs – Book Review #40

Hollow City is the second book in the Miss Peregrin series. A fourth book has just been released and I was very happy when it dropped through my letterbox the other day :o)

Hollow City

Here’s the blurb from Goodreads:

This second novel begins in 1940, immediately after the first book ended. Having escaped Miss Peregrine’s island by the skin of their teeth, Jacob and his new friends must journey to London, the peculiar capital of the world. Along the way, they encounter new allies, a menagerie of peculiar animals, and other unexpected surprises.

My Thoughts

I loved how this book carried straight on from the end of the first. It sometimes gets annoying when you have to read things you already know because the author is trying to bring new readers up to date.

I was very pleased I’d got the next book to start straight away because I can’t wait to find out what happens to them all.

I’m really enjoying this series.

Hollow City By Ransom Riggs Book Cover

Goodreads 2018 reading challenge 40 books read

MamaMummyMum

For more book-related posts, click here

I’m taking part in Blogtober18 with Mandi at Big Family Organised Chaos

1. Kate Eccles 12th October 2018 at 9:25 pm

I am a little bit terrified of the cover but the story sounds intriguing! #readwithme

2. Bex Bodkin 9th October 2018 at 12:13 pm

Sounds intriguing.

3. Catherine @ Story Snug 9th October 2018 at 11:32 am

These books sound so familiar that I’m sure I must have read the first one. Glad you are enjoying them :o)

#ReadWithMe

4. Kim Carberry 8th October 2018 at 8:09 pm

I have put these books on my Amazon shopping list for Christmas. I think my youngest would love them x

5. BookBairn (@BookBairn) 8th October 2018 at 3:14 pm

I’ve only read the first one and have every intention of going back to them. Thanks for the reminder. #readwithme

6. Chantelle Hazelden (@MamaMummyMum) 8th October 2018 at 10:36 am

I really need to dig out my box-set and get reading! Thanks for sharing with #readwithme

7. sarahmo3w 8th October 2018 at 10:22 am

This does sound intriguing and I like the freaky cover! I do like it when books carry straight on from the previous one too.