Taking the boys for ice cream :)

Ant and I got to spend a really lovely afternoon with our grandchildren yesterday. We don’t get to see the boys very often because they live in Scotland with their mum so when they come to Lincoln to visit their dad, we always try and take them out somewhere.

They’re adorable boys who make us laugh a lot!

We couldn’t decide whether to take them to Whisby Nature Park or Daisy Made Ice Cream so in the end we went to both 🙂
We started out at Whisby. The girls love going there as they’ve got a big sand pit, water play, some brilliant wooden carvings to play on and a wildlife adventure area with tunnels and bridges and netting to climb up.
Inside there’s an education centre with buttons to press and wheels to turn.

Jamie
Jamie with his dad and grandpa.

Huge sandpit!

Damien loved all the adventure area 🙂
The education centre helps children learn all about recycling and caring for the environment.

We love all the wooden carvings!

Another of our favourite places to go is Daisy Made Ice Cream. They have a small sand pit, ride on toys, rabbits and goats as well as crazy golf. Yesterday they also had a bouncy castle and racing cars.
The ice cream is delicious and well worth how ever many syns it was!
I had cinder toffee, Ant and Jason had pistachio flavour, the boys had raspberry ripple and Gemma, Jason’s lovely girlfriend, had lemon cheesecake.

I always have caramel or toffee flavour when I go and I’ve decided that next time I’m going to be more adventurous and try the melon flavour or maybe the passion fruit!

More sand!

The boys played on this for ages!

Jamie and Grandpa

Damien and Grandpa

Delicious cinder toffee ice cream 🙂

1. Lollzz 26th August 2013 at 7:27 pm

What a fabulous place to visit! Love outdoor play areas that are a little but unusual!
    #magicmoments

2. Jaime Oliver 26th August 2013 at 7:04 pm

im so pleased you had such a wonderful time with your grandson and family, it sounds like this place is lovely x

thanks for linking up with #MagicMoments x

3. Sara @ A Frugal Wife 26th August 2013 at 5:51 pm

Sounds like a brilliant day out (and you've made me want ice-cream!) 🙂

4. Nichola Fabfortymum 26th August 2013 at 3:59 pm

Aw Michelle, I love the picture of Damien on the wooden grasshopper and both the pictures of the boys with grandad, It looks like you all had a lovely day out and I love cinder toffee ice cream, although over here it's called Pooh Bear ice cream xx

1. shelllouise 26th August 2013 at 4:15 pm

Ooh I'd much prefer it to be called Pooh Bear ice cream, that's brilliant; I'm going to call it that from now on! 🙂

5. Charly Dove 26th August 2013 at 1:47 pm

Looks like you had the most wonderful day. Whisby Nature Park sounds brilliant, so much to do there. Daisy Made Ice Cream sounds wonderful! Fabulous photos too. Thank you for sharing with #whatthestory

1. shelllouise 26th August 2013 at 4:16 pm

I love Daisy Made although due to the calories, we don't go often! It's just too tempting! 🙂