Schwartz Chilli Con Carne Pasta Bake – Slimming World Recipe
Ant usually cooks all our meals from scratch but this week we’ve been busy decorating and the house has been turned upside down. Everything seems to have been dumped in the kitchen which means space and time have been limited.
We always have syn free Chilli Con Carne with rice but after trying a Chilli Con Carne pasta bake at a recent Slimming World taster, I told Ant we had to make it at home!
Schwartz Chilli Con Carne Pasta Bake Recipe
With limited time, we decided to use a Schwartz Hot Chilli Con Carne recipe mix. It’s not syn free but the whole packet is only 5.5 syns and is shared between 4 of us so I just counted it as 2 syns per portion.
We’ve been trying to cut down the amount of red meat we eat so we substituted it with Tesco meat-free mince. Also, I’m not a fan of kidney beans so we added a tin of baked beans instead!
It was delicious topped with one of my healthy extra portions of cheddar cheese.
2 syns per serving
- Schwartz Hot Chilli Con Carne Recipe Mix
- 1 red pepper chopped
- 1 green pepper chopped
- 2 onions diced
- 1 tin tomatoes
- 1 tin baked beans
- 500g meat-free mince
- 340g dried fusilli pasta
- 120g grated cheddar
- Fry Light
- Cook pasta according to packet instructions. When cooked, leave in the water and set aside.
- While the pasta is cooking, spray a deep frying pan with Fry-Light and fry the peppers and onions until softened.
- Add the meat-free mince and fry until cooked.
- Sprinkle over the Schwartz Hot Chilli Con Carne recipe mix and stir.
- Add the tinned beans and tinned tomatoes and stir well. Bring to boil then reduce the heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, for about 15 minutes.
- Heat the oven 200°C/Gas 6
- When the sauce is ready, drain the pasta and place in a large oven-proof bowl. Add the sauce and mix well.
- Sprinkle with the cheese and put in the oven until the cheese is melted.
I don’t think I ever want to go back to having rice with my Chilli Con Carne, I much prefer pasta!
Thanks to Schwartz and Tesco for proving the recipe mix for us to try.