Simple DIY procedure to remove stickers from glass without causing any damage
The most attractive showpiece of glass might look ugly if it has a price sticker attached to it. Not merely with the showpieces, but starting from your new cooking utensils to that of the windshields, it becomes essential to remove those unwanted labels.
No doubt, removing these labels from the glass products might be a difficult task, but if you follow proper guidelines and hidden tactics, you will be able to remove the stickers most reliably. Rather than purchasing expensive products for removing these things, there are higher chances that it might damage or put scratches on your glass product. However, with the help of DIY, you will be able to get peace of mind that your product is quite safe and protected from those harmful chemicals.
Why should you apply proper procedures when removing stickers from the glass?
Starting from glassware to clothing to that of home décor, stickers and labels can be slapped on everywhere. Consequently, there comes a situation when you try to remove that sticker, but removing the adhesive, which is left behind, can turn out to be the most difficult task. By using the wrong solutions or sharp-edged tools for removing stickers, it can damage the glass where the sticker was stuck. Yeah! Getting rid of these labels is quite challenging as, if not done properly; it will leave residue on your new items of glass leaving them ugly, scratched, and spotted. This is why it is always recommended to apply proper procedures while removing stickers from glass so that the authenticity and elegance of the items will stay perfectly.
Possible DIY stickers removing procedure without causing any scratches
So, before you get fed up and give up on the ever getting rid of that sticker, label, or the adhesive left behind, you can take a deep peek at the best ways to remove stickers perfectly from the glass without even causing any scratches:
Method 1 – Using Hot Water and Soap
- The first step is soaking the glass object and the sticker in the hot soapy water for about 10-30 minutes. During this time, the sticker had already softened, hence making it easier for you to remove the sticker with your fingers.
- Soaking the glass object and sticker in hot soapy water helps in dissolving the glue and breaking its connection with the glass. If you are unable to dip glass objects in the hot water, you can try reducing the sticker area by soaking the hot wet washcloth.
- After soaking in the hot water for a good 30 minutes, the sticker can be easily removed with the help of your fingers. If you are unable to do so, you may use a knife. However, make sure, the knife is not sharp because it will run the risk of scratching the surface. Consequently, clean the glass properly with the help of microfiber cloth, as they are as gentle on the glass.
Method 2 – Using Washing Soda
- For this method, you will require a bucket filled with hot water and washing soda. The combination of baking soda and hot water will act as a dissolving agent. It will break the bond of the glue from the glass surface, hence making it come out easily.
- For safety reasons, you can put on gloves while handling washing soda because some people develop skin allergies and irritation while working with it. You need to dip the object for a good 30 minutes or maybe even longer than that if you have stubborn stickers.
- Washing soda is a stronger alkaline compared to baking soda. After soaking the object in the water for some time, take it out. You will be surprised to see stickers much easily sliding off the glass surface.
Method 3 – Using Heat
Heat up the glass surface for 2 to 3 minutes with the help of a blow dryer. The other way is, placing your object in the sunlight for several hours. Moreover, if you have a sticker on your car, you can park it in a sunny place for some time and then try to peel off the sticker. It will come out much easier.
- The sticker can be easily peeled off with the help of your fingers. However, you must be careful, as the surface of the object will be hot. You can also use a knife (which is not sharp) to peel the sticker gently.
- You may also use oil, soap, or other glue removing agents if you find part of the sticker is remaining. Apply the desired removing agent and let it sit there for some time before you remove the residue off with soapy water.
- You may require repeating the process several times until the whole glue residue has successfully come off.
Which method is most recommended and why?
If you’re looking for the simplest way that won’t even require any special material, you’re suggested to remove the stickers and labels with the help of hot water and soap. Soap and hot water are one of the most effective tools for breaking down the bond of the sticker’s adhesive material. You don’t have to buy any expensive products to get rid of these labels. With the help of this method, you will be able to see your glass full of attractiveness and elegance. Don’t worry! The grace and sophistication of your glass will still be the same.
Don’t let the labels destroy your windows. Sticker removal procedure isn’t as simple as it looks. If you go through the previous information, you will be able to do it by yourself. You can save your hard-earned money and quality time by applying these easy steps. By adopting a relevant method for removing the labels, you will be able to preserve your expensive items from scratches in the most reliable manner.
This is a collaborative post