Burger In A Bowl – Slimming World Recipe
I’d heard this recipe for Burger In A Bowl mentioned at my Slimming World group. Everyone was saying how nice it was and how much it tasted like a certain Big Burger from a well-known restaurant! I didn’t believe it could taste as nice as my favourite burger but oh my word, it really did!
For some reason, I can’t seem to find the photos I took so I’ll add them the next time we make burger in a bowl 🙂
Burger In A Bowl
- Low-calorie cooking spray
- 500g lean beef mince (5% fat or less)
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 tsp Very Lazy Chopped Garlic
- ½ iceberg lettuce, roughly shredded
- 8 gherkins, sliced
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 2 tomatoes, roughly chopped
For the SW super sauce
- 3 level tbsp extra-light mayonnaise
- 5 tbsp fat-free fromage frais
- 1 level tbsp American-style mustard
- 2 tbsp tomato purée
- 2 tsp white wine vinegar
- garlic salt – 1/2 tsp
- onion granules – 1/2 tsp
- sweet smoked paprika – 1/4 tsp
- Spray a large, heavy-based non-stick frying pan with low-calorie cooking spray and place over a high heat. Add the beef, onion and garlic and stir-fry for 6-7 minutes, or until the beef is cooked through and the onions have softened. Season well.
- Meanwhile, put all the SW super sauce ingredients in a bowl with 4 tbsp of water and whisk until well combined.
- Mix together the lettuce, gherkins, onions and tomatoes and divide between 4 wide bowls. Spoon the beef mixture on top, drizzle over the SW super sauce and serve hot.
For more recipes, click here