How does your garden grow?

As usual, I’ve been busy in the garden again this week but this time the sun has been shining and it made it even more enjoyable 🙂
I bought a fuchsia last week for the bargain price of £1.49 from B&M and sowed some poppy seeds in the pots that had the spring bulbs in.
That’s about all I’ve done plant wise, the rest of the time I’ve been working on cleaning up the patio, relocating the bikes and looking on line for some kind of trellis work that will hide said bikes.

The patio was really letting the whole garden down. It was full of bikes, toys, old pieces of slabs, garden furniture loaded with rubbish and I was fed up with it.

I’ve been wanting a new patio set for a long time now and was really tempted to order the one I’ve been eyeing in my catalogue for the last few months, especially when I saw it had gone down to half price! Unfortunately, even at half price it’s still £250 and at the moment, that’s £250 too much!

One day!

It’s probably good that it’s now out of stock because it means I can’t be tempted!

Anyway, on to the pics 🙂

I decided I didn’t need the greenhouse anymore. I’ve only used it for one lot of seeds this year and I knew I wouldn’t be needing it over the summer.

Before – Greenhouse

I was sick of the bikes all over the patio so this is now the new bike store. I want to get some trellis or a bamboo type fence thing and grow a clematis up it to hide the bikes when I’m sat on the patio.

After – Bike Store
This is quite an old photo but it’s a perfect example of what keeps happening on the patio! It gets full of junk and I’m not letting it happen anymore. I want to be able to go out in the morning with a coffee and relax for a while before the morning routine of trying to get 3 kids fed, cleaned and dressed in time to leave the house for the walk to school!
Before – Horrible messy patio
I used the shelves from the dismantled greenhouse to store all the things I use regularly and put an old table to use as my potting table.
I dismantled the old round patio table but kept the chairs because they’re useful when people come to visit or when we have birthday parties or a bbq.

*organisation = happy sigh!*

Ant’s had this tv stand in his car for a while. We didn’t need it in the house but it was too good to throw away so I’m going to give it a coat of varnish and use it outside until we can get a proper patio set 🙂
Until then, we both have really comfy fold up chairs. They’re really old and tatty now but too comfy to replace with new ones!
Ant’s is worse than mine and if I were him, I’d be too worried to sit on because it looks like it’s going to collapse!

While looking for the photo of the patio I saw this one of the border that I took about 2 months ago. It amazes me how fast things grow once spring comes!

Border just 2 months ago

This is the border yesterday. The space in the back corner is where I had lupins and even though they kept fighting to grow, something kept eating them before they got ever got chance to flower.
I haven’t bought anymore because for 2 years I tried to stop whatever it was eating them and nothing worked so sadly, no lupins will be growing in this garden this year.

This is the fuchsia I bought. I used to have a lantana in this pot with the ivy and I tried to get another from B&Q when we went the other week but I couldn’t find any. They’re known as Lucky Sunrise Rose and they’re really lovely. I’m keeping my fingers crossed I’ll be able to get some from somewhere 🙂

And finally, here’s Chi-Chi enjoying the new grass after I’d mown it 🙂 I wasn’t able to go round the edges with the strimmer though because I couldn’t find the power cord!

1. Charly Dove 9th June 2013 at 9:18 pm

You're garden is looking fantastic – loving the use of the TV stand, brilliant 🙂

2. dragonsflypoppy 7th June 2013 at 8:54 pm

Wow it's really coming along. Please can you come and organise my decking??! 🙂 x

1. shelllouise 7th June 2013 at 9:44 pm

I'm afraid I've never done decking but I can lend you the super wonderful husband…he's great at that sort of stuff!! 🙂

3. Lil Muse Lily 7th June 2013 at 6:53 pm

you have been hard at work!! i often get into moods like that… clearing stuff out. it feels good and cleansing. it's looking good. happy weekend! enjoy your patio 🙂

1. shelllouise 7th June 2013 at 9:40 pm

Thank you. I'm looking forward to the weekend; my gran is coming to see me and it'll be the first time she's been to my house so I'm looking forward to showing off the garden!
      xx

4. Beta Mother 6th June 2013 at 7:59 pm

I love a clear out, none more so than outdoors, makes me feel all cleansed…! Well done 🙂

1. shelllouise 7th June 2013 at 9:39 pm

I totally agree, I love that feeling when I've had a good clean and sort out 🙂

5. Multi Layer Mummy 6th June 2013 at 7:22 pm

Things are coming along nicely! Hope you get a chance to relax!

1. shelllouise 7th June 2013 at 9:38 pm

Thank you 🙂 I spent a good chunk of the afternoon relaxing today 🙂 I sat in the sun, looking through my 101 ideas for pots book and planning the ones I want to try. It was pure bliss xx

6. Mrs Fox 6th June 2013 at 6:00 pm

Chi Chi looks like he is loving that lawn.

1. shelllouise 7th June 2013 at 9:36 pm

When the sun hits the lawn, Chi-Chi can be found basking in it! 🙂

7. Mammasaurus 6th June 2013 at 5:51 pm

I also love the use of the tv stand there! There's something kind of fun about planning the things you would like to have in your house or garden isn't there?

Looks like you've been one busy bunny! Love the reuse of the greenhouse shelving too – thanks for joining in again!

1. shelllouise 7th June 2013 at 9:36 pm

Seems like I'm always planning something new in the garden, which is why I love gardening so much…there's always things you can add, displays in pots to change and new plants to discover 🙂

8. Nichola Fabfortymum 6th June 2013 at 1:53 pm

Oh your garden is looking fantastic and everything is growing really quickly for you. I love the use of the tv stand, absolutely brilliant idea.

1. shelllouise 7th June 2013 at 9:23 pm