No Chinese Fakeaway would be complete without special egg fried rice! The great thing about this special egg fried rice recipe is that you can add any vegetables you’d like and even some prawns.
I have to say, doing these recipe posts is making me very hungry and I’m really looking forward to my Slimming World Hunters Chicken tonight.
It’s from Iceland and it’s the first time I’ve tried it.
We usually cook all our meals from scratch but we have some pigs in blankets to use up after I made a mistake and Christmas and ordered about 50 of them so everyone else is having those and I’m sticking to plan and having syn free hunters chicken with pasta.
Special Egg Fried Rice
- Low-calorie cooking spray
- 350g cooked and cooled long-grain or jasmine/Thai fragrant rice
- 200g frozen peas
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 tbsp light soy sauce/tamari
- 400g fresh bean sprouts, rinsed
- 6 spring onions, very finely sliced
- Spray a wok or large frying pan with low-calorie cooking spray and place over a high heat. When it is almost at smoking point, add the cooked rice and stir-fry for about 3 minutes.
- Add the peas, stir-fry for 5 minutes and season well. Add the beaten eggs and stir-fry for another minute.
- Stir in the soy sauce, bean sprouts and most of the spring onion and cook for 2 minutes or until the eggs have set.
- Scatter over the remaining spring onions to serve.
For more recipes, click here
Recipe from Slimming World