These chocolate apple slices are a great addition to a Halloween buffet. They’re great because they’re not too big. Chocolate dipped apples or toffee apples can often be too much for a child, especially if there are lots of other goodies on offer.
Chocolate Apple Slices
You’ve probably seen me mention once or twice about our abundance of apples this year. I’m trying every which way I can to get them used up!
Each apple makes about 3 slices, depending on the size of the apple. We used 250g of milk chocolate to make 6 apple slices
- 2 Eating Apples
- 250g milk chocolate
- Halloween sprinkles
- Lolly sticks
- Baking sheet lined non-stick parchment
- Cut the apples into 3-4 slices. Slice the rounded ends of the 2 end pieces and discard so all the slices have 2 flat sides.
- Break the chocolate into pieces and melt. You can do this by placing the bowl over a pan of boiling water, ensuring the bottom of the bowl doesn’t touch the water or by microwaving. If you microwave the chocolate it’s best to check it every 20 seconds or so as it can easily burn.
- Insert a lolly stick into each apple slice and dip into the melted chocolate.
- Place on the baking sheet.
- Continue until all the slices have been dipped.
- Sprinkle the Halloween sprinkles over the chocolate apple slices and refrigerate until the chocolate has set.