I’m joining in with This Enchanted Pixie and her 52 weeks of gratitude linky. Here’s my week 3 list 🙂
1) Having my dad come to stay for a couple of days last week. I don’t get to see him as often as I’d like because he lives in Derbyshire and I live in Lincoln so it was lovely to spend some time with him while he was on holiday from work 🙂
2) Lovely weather – it hasn’t been particularly hot but it’s not been raining and the temperature has been just right for me.
3) Music – the music of choice today is Nirvana and Guns N Roses. Right now I’m listening to Paradise City and trying to remember the words I used to know without even thinking!
4) Reading again – I’ve been struggling to find something to read. Nothing I’ve picked up recently has kept me hooked. I’m hoping the Britmum’s book club book of the month, The Judas Scar, is going to get me reading again because I really miss it.
5) Ben and Jerry’s ice cream. Not slimming world friendly at all but boy did I enjoy the peanut butter cup flavour!
6) Lilies again – The previous owner planted loads of them and every day I’m seeing new ones open. I now have deep red ones and some cream ones 🙂
7) Aiden’s dry humour – the other day I asked him to plug the fish in. He got down on his hands and knees, looked at all the plugs and extension lead and said, totally deadpan, I don’t see any fish mum.
It still makes me laugh now, days later, when I picture his face and hear him saying it in my head!
8) Seeing Ella’s delight when her dad came home from work with a football for her on Wednesday. She does a football club at school and wanted to be able to practice her skills at home.
9) Kaycee’s kindness – She wanted to make peppermint creams the other day but not for herself, for her teacher and friends at school and some for us. She’s always thinking of others.
10) Last but by no means least, my super wonderful husband who took care of me when I had a migraine at the start of the week and while doing so, did all the laundry and cleaning and walked the girls to school and back.