We have to keep the heat quite low when making anything with chilli in it as Ella and I don’t like it too spicy so Ant never puts the recipe amount in when we’re eating!
This basil and chilli linguine pasta is a vegetarian Slimming World recipe and is quick to make. It’s also is another comfort food for me.
Basil and Chilli Linguine Pasta
- 500g dried linguine or spaghetti
- Low-calorie cooking spray
- 1 onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and finely sliced
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 1 tsp dried chilli flakes
- ¼ tsp sweetener
- A large handful of fresh basil, chopped, plus leaves to garnish
- 100g fat-free natural yogurt
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Cook the pasta in a large saucepan of lightly salted boiling water until just tender. Drain and keep warm.
- Spray a large frying pan with low-calorie cooking spray and place over a medium heat.
- Add the onion and garlic. Stir and cook for 3-4 minutes, then add the tomatoes, chilli and sweetener.
- Turn the heat to high and bring to the boil.
- Reduce the heat to medium, cover and cook gently for 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally to prevent sticking.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the chopped basil and the yogurt, season well, and stir through the drained pasta. Serve garnished with basil leaves.
For more recipes, click here
Recipe from Slimming World