I’ve decided that I don’t cope very well when I try to clean the entire house in one day; the task seems too daunting and I get put off when the list starts to get too long! I do, however, love the feeling when it’s all done and I really want to get the house deep cleaned before Christmas (our Christmas starts at the beginning of December because I get too excited to wait any longer!) so here I am, in the middle of November, getting ready to wash walls and woodwork and clear away cobwebs!
I’m going to start my Christmas cleaning by cleaning the bathroom and tomorrow I’ll move to a different room, most likely the girls’ bedroom.
I like to start upstairs and work my way down, ending with the kitchen, which takes the longest amount of time to deep clean.
So here’s my list of jobs for the bathroom:
- Wash door, door frame and skirting boards.
- Wash corner cupboard, inside and out.
- Empty and wash waste bin.
- Hoover cobwebs from the ceiling.
- Sort out all storage baskets.
- Clean toilet.
- Wash window and window sill
- Clean mirror.
- Dust all ornaments and wall decorations.
- Clean corner shelves.
- Clean sink.
- Sort storage shelves under the sink.
- Clean bath.
- Wash floor.