Tea Light Snowmen
It’s December 1st, yay!!!! My girls and the super wonderful husband have been beavering away throughout November to help me put together 24 craft tutorials, 1 for each day of advent.
Day 1 is tealight snowmen. Ella loved making them 🙂
They’re cute and very easy to make, using a few bits you’ve probably got lying around the house.
Battery operated tea lights can be picked up from the pound shop and places like B&M. We got 8 for £1.99.
You will need:
- Battery operated tea light
- Glue or sticky dots or a hot glue gun
- A black Sharpie
- Card or Black felt or craft foam
- Draw eyes and a mouth on the tea light. The light bulb will be the snowman’s nose.
- Draw a top hat on the felt/card/craft foam and cut out. If you’re using white card, colour it black.
- Cut a piece of ribbon big enough to wrap around the top hat and glue in place.
- Glue the top hat onto the snowman.
- Cut another piece of ribbon for the snowman’s scarf. Fold it as in the picture and glue in place
- For an alternative, you can use a piece of pipe cleaner and 2 pom poms to make ear muffs. We found using a hot glue gun worked best to stick the pipe cleaner and pom poms on.
You can add a piece of looped ribbon to the back of the tea light so you can hang it on your tree 🙂
Tomorrow, on day 2 of my #24XmasCrafts advent, we’ll be making Christmas tree cards using buttons for decoration.
To see all of the 24 tutorials, check out my Pinterest board