You’re trying to find the right prom dress. You know what you like, and what you hope to find. All that’s left is to do a little investigating, staying up to date, and discovering what this season looks to bring to the market in trends and fashions. Here are the top prom dress trends for the 2019 season.
- This year, rose gold is everywhere. From accessories to jewellery pieces, the pink/gold combination is here to stay in 2019. Embrace it, especially if you have an affinity for gold necklaces and jewellery. Rose gold accessories will be everywhere this year.
The One Shoulder
- The ‘one shoulder’ look (one strap up, one down the shoulder) can really set you apart and even further define your silhouette and figure. While the one-shoulder look isn’t for everyone, if it is for you, it can really send your outfit into the stratosphere of prom fashion.
- Perhaps one of the best ways to set your look apart is with the glisten and shine of glitter and sequin.
The High Low
- Especially if you can’t decide whether to go high or low, the high low provides you with an escape from making this decision at all. All long prom dress options aside, a solid high low cut can be great, especially if your shoes are a big part of your outfit and deserve a little bit of extra attention on their own.
Satin and Lycra
- Previous years help us in the present moment because they provide a precedent for what has worked in recent years. Now, for the third time in as many prom seasons, the lace-up back in royal and ruby is looking like a favourite to take over the prom dress
The Color Red
- An absolute staple of prom season every single year is the colour red. It’s all about red again this year; deep hues, lycra, ruby in satin, and brighter shades of scarlet. Red is always going to be a great option, and this year is no different, especially considering the fact that your other best colour options this year will probably be yellow and lilac.
- Floral print dresses are also poised to dominate this season. For those who aren’t looking for the shine of metallic lace or the glimmer of shiny fabric or the glisten of rose gold, we recommend trying something with a floral print, covered in flowers, evoking the annals of springtime.
- As mentioned above, the lace-up back is once again here to stay. Highly coveted and consistently received with a combination of mystique and grandeur, go with a lace-up back design and you will be well on your way to a night of splendour.
- 2018 was all about ‘metallic lace’, and it seems as though this trend is going to be carried into 2019 as well.
The Ball Gown
- The ball gown once again takes centre stage in 2019! Ball gowns haven’t always stayed ‘in fashion’, but they are poised to experience another comeback year in 2019, for all those looking for the added elegance of a flowing train.
As you sift through trends and prom dress options, find what you love, and most importantly, if none of the above speak to your sensibility, fashion is all about knowing yourself and trusting your instincts. Trends are more like guidelines, but they don’t always work for everyone. Whatever dress you settle on, remember to have fun and wear it however it fits you best.
This is a collaborative post