You are trying to plan an amazing birthday party for your little one or you want to throw a surprise party for your fiancée, but you don’t know where to start. This happens to all of us. The important thing is to understand your guests and to set up a theme and carry on with the flow. The decor is, in fact, a vital part of any party and leaves a lasting impression on the guests.
Let us now look into some ideas that can make your party decor more appealing and innovative.
- Understand your guests: Guests are the highlight of the party. Are they your friends or co-workers or are they children? Know your invitees and set up the theme accordingly.
- If it is your kid’s birthday party, use bold colours like bright balloons, streamers, cartoon character cut-outs or piñatas with sweets and treats.
- If it is the 50th anniversary of your parents, go for a more sophisticated and classic look. Add a personal touch by displaying pictures of old fond memories and fun days.
- Again, if it is a corporate event, try to keep it more formal and at the same time, your colleagues must be able to relax and enjoy the time.
- Party Occasion: Key to any successful party is to understand the true nature of the occasion.
- If it’s a Christmas party or a new year’s eve, go for seasonal colours like bright red or green. Bring on the festivities.
- If it’s a girl’s birthday party, add colours like pink and white and plan accordingly.
- For a simple friendly get-together, try to keep it simple and focus more on food and the ambience.
- Party Theme: Choose a theme that best suits the occasion. Instead of using general themes explore a little. Use themes that are most popular in the current times. Kids generally like themes based on their favourite cartoon characters. For a simple afternoon tea party, you can arrange a small garden party or if you want a more elegant party try for a vintage look.
- Light up your party: Nobody likes a dull and shabby party. Brighten up the rooms. Add some lights. For your kid’s party, you can use LED balloons or you can consider getting neon lights made to order, with prices at a fraction of old glass neon signs. You can use the online tool to choose from a wide variety of colors, fonts, and even your favorite logo. You could have a led light delivered to your door with your kid’s name on it, and you may later use it as decor in their bedroom. One important thing to take into consideration is that LED neon signs are safer than most lights.. They are quite a hype nowadays. You can also use beautiful candle luminaries or bird luminaries, which can add to the authenticity of the room. Try to accentuate the wall fixtures of the room by adding indirect light. Brighten up the corners with floor lamps or torchieres. You can give a personal touch by using homemade scented candles. They give a mystic look and create a peaceful ambience, especially if you are having a quiet party with your friends. Put enough lights in the dining room area and illuminate the dark corners of your house.
- DIY Decorating Ideas: Bring out the creative side of your mind. There is no need to buy the overpriced decorative items from the shop. You can use your own imagination and give a personal feel to your party. For that crazy Halloween party you are planning for your kid, make some monster headbands or some paper ball bats and hung them around the corners.
Paint your old stuff. Add some colours to the old lanterns and flower vases and give them a new look. Empty glass jars come really handy for DIY purposes. You can paint them, add ribbons, fill it up with candy or even use them for return gifts. You can also make some DIY wooden or paper lanterns and give a rustic look to your party.
- Add some green: Flowers and plants really boost up the energy and create a more tranquil and peaceful atmosphere. You can use a variety of artificial flowers available in the market. Silk floral arrangements can be used as centrepieces. They are available in varieties like silk tulips and roses. Artificial ferns bring the lush green feeling of the forests indoors. They can be anything between hanging planters to decorative bases. An artificial bonsai tree is a replica of the real one and doesn’t need any maintenance and adds meaning to your rooms.
- Return Gifts: Return gifts are a very crucial part of a party especially if you are hosting a birthday party for kids. Be a good host. Plan your return gifts beforehand. Kids gorge on return gifts. They just wait for the party to end so that you can hand them over their presents. The gifts should be apt for their age. Instead of selecting the conventional presents try something which is unique and funky at the same time. Return presents can be handmade as well like homemade chocolates or jewellery boxes for girls.
- Decor Banners: The decor banners highlight the events. You can make hand cut-out banners for birthday parties or make some super fun posters. You can reuse the old ribbons and make a tassel garland and hung them in front of the doors. Easy custom-made “Hello” banners at the entrance can be used to welcome the guests. If it is simply a house party, ask your kids to make some simple DIY banners. This will involve them and also bring creativity and newness to the occasion.
Arranging the perfect party can be nerve-wracking and difficult at times. It can be the budget or it can take up too much of your time. In our busy schedule, it is very important that we choose a decor which can be easily arranged as well as save our time. You should have a clear idea about your theme and try to make it as simple as possible. Remember, that your guests should feel comfortable and homely when they visit your place. It is prudent to invest on decor which can be reused later on and does not cost you a fortune. The true essence of the party lies in your hospitality and warmth.
This is a collaborative post