This is a basic sugar cookie recipe for Halloween cookies. We also make them using a gingerbread recipe which works equally as well.
- 225g unsalted butter
- 225g caster sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 330g plain flour
- Preheat oven to 180° C. Grease and line two cookie sheets.
- In a bowl, cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla extract and egg.
- In a separate bowl combine baking powder with flour and add a little at a time to the wet ingredients. The dough will be very stiff.
- DO NOT CHILL THE DOUGH. Divide into workable batches, roll out onto a floured surface and cut into whatever shapes you desire.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes. Let cool on the cookie sheet until firm enough to transfer to a cooling rack.
I’ve found a great video on YouTube that shows you how to flood fill cookies.