It’s finally finished and I have the living room before and after photos 🙂
It took us longer than we thought it would but we got there in the end! We had a few problems along the way with the wallpaper, both the patterned and plain paper.
The first two sheets of the patterned paper went up quite easily according to Ant. The third sheet proved to be a right pain and we nearly ended up taking it off and starting again.
Each sheet after that needed a bit more preparation than usual to make them stick to the wall.
Running Out Of Paper
When we came to the last wall I realised we weren’t going to have enough paper. This wouldn’t have been a problem if we hadn’t bought it over 2 years ago when we first talked about papering the living room!
We went to B&M to see if it was a standard paper that they kept in stock but of course, it wasn’t. Ant had to find the closest match. Luckily we were painting over it with light grey emulsion anyway so you can’t tell the difference now it’s done 🙂
Talking of painting with emulsion, I saw one of those home decorating shows the other day and the guy was painting the walls in one of the rooms with a paint sprayer. I didn’t know you could use them inside the house, it would have made the job so much easier and quicker!
Anyway, we love the finished result, which is all that matters.
Living Room Before And After Photos
Fireplace At Night