Not only are these BLT bites great for a buffet, they’re also good for snacking on at night while watching TV. With the syn free garlic and herb dip, it feels like I’m snacking on something naughty when in reality, it’s all speed and free foods 🙂
- 250g Cherry Tomatoes
- 2 Iceberg lettuce leaves
- 6 rashers of bacon – all visible fat removed
- Cocktail sticks
- Chop each cherry tomato in half and set aside
- Cut the lettuce leaves into squares around the same size as the cherry tomatoes
- Fry the bacon how you like it then cut it into squares, the same size as you cut the lettuce
- Get a cocktail stick and skewer half a tomato. Slide it to the end.
- Skewer 2-3 lettuce squares then 2-3 bacon squares and finish off with the other tomato half
Garlic & Herb Dip
- 4 garlic cloves crushed
- A small handful each of fresh dill, chives and tarragon finely chopped
- ¼ level tsp. English mustard powder
- 100g quark
- 100g fat-free natural fromage frais
- Put all the ingredients in a bowl and blend.
Tomorrow’s recipe is for chicken satay skewers.
Please note: I’ve lost 7 and a half stone with Slimming World and kept it off for four years, however, I’m not a Slimming World consultant. I haven’t been trained and I’m not affiliated with Slimming World so please check all your own syn values.