Chunky Bean Burger With Cajun Wedges Slimming World Recipe
We had some vegetable burgers from Tesco and everyone loved them, except me because I didn’t want to use 9 syns on a veggie burger so I went without!
With this chunky bean burger recipe, I can have the same as everyone else for zero syns!
Chunky Bean Burgers with Cajun Wedges
- 400g can haricot or cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 400g can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 small onion or shallot, roughly chopped
- 1 large garlic clove, crushed
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and roughly chopped
- 1 small red pepper, deseeded and roughly chopped
- Bunch of spring onions, trimmed and roughly chopped
- 1 egg, beaten
- Low-calorie cooking spray
- 4 large baking potatoes
- 2 tsp dried Cajun seasoning
- 6 tbsp fat-free natural Greek-style yogurt
- 2 large tomatoes, roughly chopped
- Place the beans, onion, garlic, chilli, red pepper and half the spring onions into a food processor and whizz to chop roughly.
- Transfer to a bowl, season lightly and stir in the beaten egg.
- Divide the mixture into 8 equal portions and shape into burgers.
- Spray a baking tray with low-calorie cooking spray, place the burgers on the tray and chill for 20 minutes.
- Preheat your oven to 200°C/fan 180°C/gas 6.
- Cut the potatoes into wedges and toss with the Cajun seasoning, then arrange on a baking tray, spray lightly with low-calorie cooking spray and bake for 25 minutes, or until golden.
- When the wedges have been cooking for about 10 minutes, put the burgers on the oven shelf below them and bake for 12-15 minutes, or until golden.
- Meanwhile, mix the yogurt, tomatoes and remaining spring onions in a bowl and season lightly.
- Serve the bean burgers with the wedges, chunky sauce and your favourite salad.
For more recipes, click here
Recipe from Slimming World