Shortbread Teddies Bark Recipe
Welcome to day 19 of our Countdown to Christmas Sweet Treats recipes.
Today we’re making shortbread teddies bark.
Shortbread Teddies Bark Ingredients
- 200g Milk chocolate
- 200g White chocolate
- A box of Shortbread teddies – we got ours from The Range (if you can’t find shortbread teddies, make your own shortbread and cut into teddy shapes)
- Cut a piece of non-stick baking paper to the same size as your baking tray. We used a –x– cm baking tray.
Using a damp cloth, wipe the cookie tray before applying the baking paper. This will stop it from moving around.
- Put the white chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave on high for 1 minute. Remove the bowl and stir the chocolate.
- Microwave on high for 30 seconds then stir again. Repeat until all the chocolate has melted.
- Pour into the prepared tin and spread until even.
- Put the milk chocolate in a large microwave-safe bowl and microwave for 1 minute. Remove the bowl, stir and microwave for 30 seconds. Repeat until the chocolate has melted. Be careful because it’s very easy to burn the chocolate when microwaving.
- If you prefer, you can place the chocolate in a heat-safe bowl over a pan of simmering water and melt it that way. Make sure the bowl doesn’t touch the simmering water.
- Drizzle the melted chocolate over the white chocolate and use a wooden skewer to swirl the milk chocolate.
- Place the shortbread teddies on the chocolate bark and press down gently.
- Refrigerate the bark until set.
- Remove from the fridge and using the baking paper take the bark and peel off the baking paper. Break into pieces and serve or package into Christmas themed cellophane bags to give as gifts.
Tomorrow we’re making Bailey’s fudge.