Salted Caramel Bark Recipe
Salted caramel is one of my favourite flavours. I’m kicking off our sweet treats countdown to Christmas with this recipe for salted caramel bark that I first saw on The Tasty Kitchen.
The ingredients are American cups so I thought I’d share the ingredients we used here in the UK and if you want the American version, you can click the link above 🙂
Salted Caramel Bark Ingredients
- 300g Milk Chocolate
- 300g Dark Chocolate
- 300g Caramels – we used Asda’s chocolate eclairs
- 2 tbsp Water
- Coarse Sea Salt
- Cut a piece of non-stick baking paper to the same size as your baking tray. We used a –x– cm baking tray.
Using a damp cloth, wipe the cookie tray before applying the baking paper. This will stop it from moving around.
- Put the caramels in a microwave-safe bowl and add the water.
- Microwave on high for 2 minutes. Remove the bowl and stir the caramels.
- Microwave on high for 30 seconds then stir again. Repeat until all the caramels have melted.
- Put all the chocolate in a large microwave-safe bowl and microwave for 2 minutes. Remove the bowl, stir and microwave for 30 seconds. Repeat until the chocolate has melted. Be careful because it’s very easy to burn the chocolate when microwaving.
If you prefer, you can place the chocolate in a heat-safe bowl over a pan of simmering water and melt it that way. Make sure the bowl doesn’t touch the simmering water.
- Spread the chocolate over the baking paper then drop blobs of caramel randomly onto the chocolate.
- Using a BBQ skewer or cocktail stick, swirl the caramel to make nice patterns.
- Sprinkle the sea salt over the top and refrigerate the mixture until solid.
- Remove from the fridge and using the baking paper take the bark and peel off the baking paper. Break into pieces and serve or package into Christmas themed cellophane bags to give as gifts.
Tomorrow’s recipe is for Nutella Fudge