Peanut Butter Bark Recipe
Welcome to day 3 of our Countdown to Christmas Sweet Treats recipes.
Today we’re making peanut butter bark and I have to say, it is delicious!
Peanut Butter Bark Ingredients
- 400g White Chocolate
- 360g Smooth peanut butter
- 200g Milk chocolate
- Cut a piece of non-stick baking paper to the same size as your baking tray. We used a –x– cm baking tray.
Using a damp cloth, wipe the cookie tray before applying the baking paper. This will stop it from moving around.
- Put the white chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave on high for 1 minute. Remove the bowl and stir the chocolate.
Microwave on high for 30 seconds then stir again. Repeat until all the chocolate has melted.
- Add the peanut butter to the melted white chocolate and mix well.
- Pour into the prepared tin and spread until even.
- Put the milk chocolate in a large microwave-safe bowl and microwave for 1 minute. Remove the bowl, stir and microwave for 30 seconds. Repeat until the chocolate has melted. Be careful because it’s very easy to burn the chocolate when microwaving.
If you prefer, you can place the chocolate in a heat-safe bowl over a pan of simmering water and melt it that way. Make sure the bowl doesn’t touch the simmering water.
- Drizzle the melted chocolate over the peanut butter layer and use a wooden skewer to swirl the milk chocolate.
- Refrigerate the bark until set.
- Remove from the fridge and using the baking paper take the bark and peel off the baking paper. Break into pieces and serve or package into Christmas themed cellophane bags to give as gifts.
Tomorrow’s recipe is for Mars bar fudge