Minty Grinch Bark Recipe
- 300g White chocolate
- Green food colouring
- Peppermint flavouring
- Green chocolate beans
- Red heart sprinkles
- Cut a piece of non-stick baking paper to the same size as your baking tray. We used a –x– cm baking tray.
Using a damp cloth, wipe the cookie tray before applying the baking paper. This will stop it from moving around.
- Put the white chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave on high for 1 minute. Remove the bowl and stir the chocolate.
- Microwave on high for 30 seconds then stir again. Repeat until all the chocolate has melted.
- Add the peppermint flavouring and the green food colouring to the melted white chocolate and mix well.
- If you prefer, you can place the chocolate in a heat-safe bowl over a pan of simmering water and melt it that way. Make sure the bowl doesn’t touch the simmering water.
- Pour the chocolate into the prepared tin and spread until even.
- Sprinkle the green chocolate beans and the red hearts then refrigerate the bark until set.
- Remove from the fridge and using the baking paper take the bark and peel off the baking paper. Break into pieces and serve or package into Christmas themed cellophane bags to give as gifts.
Tomorrow, for our final countdown to Christmas recipe we’re making gingerbread fudge.