Fry’s Peppermint Cream Mint Swirl Bark Recipe
Welcome to day 9 of our Countdown to Christmas Sweet Treats recipes.
Today we’re making Fry’s peppermint cream mint swirl bark.
Fry’s Peppermint Cream Mint Swirl Bark Ingredients
- 300g Dark chocolate
- 100g White chocolate
- Peppermint flavouring
- Green food colouring (gel or paste is best)
- 3 bars Fry’s peppermint cream
- Cut a piece of non-stick baking paper to the same size as your baking tray. We used a –x– cm baking tray.
Using a damp cloth, wipe the cookie tray before applying the baking paper. This will stop it from moving around.
- Put the milk chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave on high for 1 minute. Remove the bowl and stir the chocolate.
- Microwave on high for 30 seconds then stir again. Repeat until all the chocolate has melted.
- Put the white chocolate in a microwavable bowl and microwave for 30 seconds. Remove and stir then microwave again in 15-second increments until the chocolate has melted.
- Stir in the peppermint flavouring and the food colouring and stir until combined.
- Pour the milk chocolate into the prepared tin and spread until even.
- Drizzle the green chocolate mix over the milk chocolate layer and use a wooden skewer to swirl the green chocolate.
- Roughly chop the Fry’s peppermint cream bars and scatter over the bark.
- Refrigerate the bark until set.
- Remove from the fridge and using the baking paper take the bark and peel off the baking paper. Break into pieces and serve or package into Christmas themed cellophane bags to give as gifts.
Tomorrow we’re making Maltesers Fudge