Sloppy Joes – Slimming World Recipe
Ella and Ant loved this recipe for Slimming World Sloppy Joes. They had theirs in homemade wholemeal rolls, but I’d already had my Healthy Extra for the day so I just had mine with Slimming World chips.
We didn’t use Tabasco sauce in the recipe this time because Ella was eating with us and she doesn’t do hot and spicy!
Slimming World Sloppy Joes
Syn Free (add 6 syns if not using the wholemeal roll as a healthy extra)
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3 peppers, deseeded and diced
- 500g lean beef mince (5% fat or less)
- 250g passata
- 4 tbsp tomato puree
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 6-8 dashes Tabasco sauce
- 1 tsp mustard powder, mixed with a little water
- chopped fresh chives to serve (optional)
- Put the garlic, onions, peppers and 3 tbsp water in a large non-stick frying pan over a low heat.
- Cover and cook for 10 minutes or until the vegetables are soft.
- Uncover the pan, increase the heat to high and cook for 2-3 minutes or until the excess water has gone.
- Add the beef and stir-fry for about 5 minutes, breaking up the meat with a wooden spoon as it browns.
- Drain off any fat and add the passata, tomato puree, Worcestershire sauce, Tabasco, mustard mixture and some salt and pepper to the pan.
- Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 15 minutes or until the mixture is thick but moist.
- Divide the mixture between 4 60g wholemeal rolls and scatter each with some chives, if using.
- Alternatively, serve with Slimming chips or on a jacket potato.
The mixture will keep in the fridge for up to 3 days.
For more recipes, click here
Recipe from Slimming World