Chunky New Potato And Bacon Salad – Slimming World Recipe
Ant and I had this chunky new potato and bacon salad for lunch. It was very filling and would probably split between 3 portions rather than 2 for a lunchtime meal.
Chunky New Potato & Bacon Salad
- 750g waxy new potatoes, scrubbed and chopped into chunks
- 6 back bacon rashers, visible fat removed
- 1 tsp mustard powder
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 3-4 tbsp plain Quark
- 3-4 tbsp fat-free natural Greek yogurt
- tbsp finely chopped fresh parsley
- 6 spring onions, thinly sliced
- a small bag of prepared mixed salad leaves
- Cook the potatoes in a pan of boiling water over a high heat or 15 minutes or until just tender.
- Drain well and allow to cool.
- Preheat the rill to high and grill the bacon for 2-3 minutes on each side or until cooked.
- Put them on a plate lined with kitchen paper and allow to cool.
- Mix the mustard powder and vinegar in a bowl and stir in the Quark, yogurt and some seasoning to taste.
- Stir the yogurt dressing into the potatoes and add the bacon, parsley and spring onions. Mix well.
- Serve on a bed of mixed salad leaves.
For more recipes, click here
Recipe from Slimming World