Shanghai Chicken – Slimming World Recipe
This Shanghai Chicken is going to be one of my go-to favourites, I just know it; I LOVE Chinese 5 spice!
I’ll have to have it for lunch, however, because KayCee’s not a fan of Chinese 5 spice and will not be happy if we serve this up for dinner!
Syn Free and suitable for SP
- 1 tbsp Chinese 5 spice
- 4 large skinless and boneless chicken breasts
- 400g pak choi, white and green parts separated and sliced
- 2 level tbsp Shaoxing rice wine or dry or medium sherry (if using sherry, add half a syn per person)
- 3 tbsp light soy sauce
- Put the 5 spice powder and some freshly ground black pepper in a large bowl and mix well.
- Cut the chicken into bite-size chunks, add to the 5 spice mixture and stir to coat well.
- Spray a large non-stick wok or deep frying pan with low-calorie cooking spray and place over a high heat.
- Add the chicken and the white part of the pak choi and stir-fry for 5 minutes or until just beginning to brown.
- Add the Shaoxing rice wine or sherry, soy sauce and 3 tbsp water and bubble for 3-4 minutes or until the sauce is reduced and everything is coated in a sticky glaze.
- Scatter over the green pak choi leaves and cook for 1 minute or until the pak choi greens have wilted and the chicken is cooked through.
- Serve hot.
For more recipes, click here
Recipe from Slimming World Take 5 book