Beef & Aubergine Bake – Slimming World Recipe
Someone in our group made this beef & aubergine bake and said it was lovely so I thought we’d give it a go. It’s from the Take 5 Slimming World recipe book which is available from group shops.
Beef & Aubergine Bake
2 syns per serving
- 500g lean beef mince (5% fat or less)
- 2 x 400g tins chopped tomatoes with onion and garlic
- 3 aubergines
- 150g extra light soft cheese with garlic and herbs
- 3 eggs, beaten
- Preheat the oven to 190°C/fan 170°C/gas 5.
- Spray a large non-stick frying pan with low-calorie cooking spray and place over a medium heat. Add the beef and cook for about 5 minutes or until browned, breaking up any lumps with the back of a wooden spoon. Drain off any fat then stir in the chopped tomatoes and bring to the boil over a high heat. Cover, reduce the heat to low and simmer for 15 minutes. Season to taste.
- Meanwhile, spray the aubergines with low-calorie cooking spray on both sides and season lightly. Place a non-stick griddle pan or frying pan over a high heat and, working in batches, cook the aubergines for 4 minutes or until charred. Turn, spray with more low-calorie cooking spray, season and cook for a further 2-3 minutes.
- Add alternating layers of beef and aubergine to a 1.5-litre ovenproof dish, finishing with a layer of aubergines. Beat the soft cheese and eggs together, pour over the top and bake for 40 minutes or until golden.
Recipe from Slimming World
Here are a few links to some of the most popular Slimming World recipes on my blog