Beef & Aubergine Bake – Slimming World Recipe
Someone in our group made this beef & aubergine bake and said it was lovely so I thought we’d give it a go. It’s from the Take 5 Slimming World recipe book which is available from group shops.
Beef & Aubergine Bake
2 syns per serving
- 500g lean beef mince (5% fat or less)
- 2 x 400g tins chopped tomatoes with onion and garlic
- 3 aubergines
- 150g extra light soft cheese with garlic and herbs
- 3 eggs, beaten
- Preheat the oven to 190°C/fan 170°C/gas 5.
- Spray a large non-stick frying pan with low-calorie cooking spray and place over a medium heat. Add the beef and cook for about 5 minutes or until browned, breaking up any lumps with the back of a wooden spoon. Drain off any fat then stir in the chopped tomatoes and bring to the boil over a high heat. Cover, reduce the heat to low and simmer for 15 minutes. Season to taste.
- Meanwhile, spray the aubergines with low-calorie cooking spray on both sides and season lightly. Place a non-stick griddle pan or frying pan over a high heat and, working in batches, cook the aubergines for 4 minutes or until charred. Turn, spray with more low-calorie cooking spray, season and cook for a further 2-3 minutes.
- Add alternating layers of beef and aubergine to a 1.5-litre ovenproof dish, finishing with a layer of aubergines. Beat the soft cheese and eggs together, pour over the top and bake for 40 minutes or until golden.
For more recipes, click here
Recipe from Slimming World