Spiced Fruit Cookies – Countdown To Christmas Cookie Recipes
Welcome to day 21 of my Countdown To Christmas Cookie Recipes. Today’s recipe is for Spiced Fruit Cookies.
Tomorrow’s recipe is for Peach, Pear & Plum Cookies.
Spiced Fruit Cookies
- 225g softened butter
- 140g caster sugar
- 1 egg yolk, lightly beaten
- 280g plain flour
- 1/2 tsp mixed spice
- pinch of salt
- 25g dried apple, chopped
- 25g dried pear, chopped
- grated rind of 1 orange
- 25g prunes, chopped
- Put the butter and sugar into a bowl and mix well with a wooden spoon then beat in the egg yolk.
- Sift together the flour, mixed spice and salt into the mixture, add the apple, pear and prunes and orange rind and stir until thoroughly combined.
- Shape the dough into a log, wrap in clingfilm and chill in the fridge for 30-60 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 190°C/375°F/Gas 5. Line 2 baking sheets with baking paper.
- Unwrap the log and cut it into 5mm thick slices with a sharp serrated knife. Put them on the prepared baking sheets, spaced well apart.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10-15 minutes, until golden brown. Leave to cool on the baking sheets for 5-10 minutes, then, using a palette knife, carefully transfer the cookies to wire racks to cool completely.
For more recipes on Shell Louise, click here