Peach, Pear & Plum Cookies – Countdown To Christmas Cookie Recipes
Welcome to day22# of my Countdown To Christmas Cookie Recipes. Today’s recipe is for Peach, Pear & Plum Cookies.
Tomorrow’s recipe is for Cinnamon Orange Crisp Cookies.
Peach, Pear & Plum Cookies
- 225g softened butter
- 140g caster sugar
- 1 egg yolk, lightly beaten
- 2 tsp almond extract
- 280g plain flour
- pinch of salt
- 55g dried peach, finely chopped
- 55g dried pear, finely chopped
- 4 tbsp plum jam
- Preheat the oven to 190°C/375°F/Gas 5. Line 2 baking sheets with baking paper.
- Put the butter and sugar into a bowl and mix well with a wooden spoon, then beat in the egg yolk and almond extract.
- Sift together the flour and salt into the mixture, add the dried fruit and stir until thoroughly combined.
- Scoop up tablespoons of the mixture, roll them into balls and place on the prepared baking sheets, spaced well apart.
- Make a hollow in the centre of each with the dampened handle of a wooden spoon. Fill the hollows with jam.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 12-15 minutes, until light golden brown.
- Leave to cool on the baking trays for 5-0 minutes then using a palette knife, transfer to wire racks to cool completely.
For more recipes on Shell Louise, click here