Bean And Tuna Salad – Slimming World Recipe
This summer has been unbearably hot for me. I’m a Winter lover because when it’s cold you can add more layers. When it’s this hot there’s no way to get cool. Even with 2 ceiling fans and a floor fan on full power, it’s still too hot for me!
When it’s hot I don’t feel like eating hot meals but I get fed up of our usual lettuce, tomato and cucumber salad so I was pleased to find this bean and tuna salad on the Slimming World site.
Bean And Tuna Salad
- 400g canned butter beans, drained
- 225g canned tuna in brine, drained
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced in rings
- 3 tbsps chopped parsley
- Salt and ground black pepper
- A few crisp salad leaves
For the Dressing:
- 2 tbsps fat-free French style dressing
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 1 ripe tomato, skinned, deseeded and chopped
- Put the butter beans in a large bowl. Cut the drained tuna into chunks and mix into the beans with the red onion and parsley. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Mix all the dressing ingredients and pour over the tuna and beans. Toss gently together until everything is glistening with the dressing.
- Arrange the salad leaves on 4 serving plates and pile the bean and tuna salad on top. Sprinkle with more parsley, if wished.
For more recipes, click here
Recipe from Slimming World