100 Truths Tag
I saw the 100 truths tag on Suburban Mum blog and thought it looked fun so here are my answers:
100 Truths Tag
1. What’s your name?
2. Any nicknames or aliases?
3. Your gender?
4. Your star sign?
5. How old are you?
41 – 42 next week 🙂
6. Your relationship status?
7. Any children?
My eldest, Aiden, is 18 then I have KayCee (13 next month) and Ella (11 next month) as well as 5 stepsons, Jonathan, Jourdain, Jason, Jerome, Jervais and a stepdaughter, Kellyann.
8. Any pets?
9. Any tattoos or piercings?
No tattoos. I have my ears pierced twice on the lobe but hardly ever wear earrings now. I used to have it pierced twice at the top on one side and my nose was pierced but I let them heal up.
10. What do you like about yourself?
I’m a nice person
11. What do you dislike about yourself?
My weight – I’ve been battling it all my life
12. Righty or lefty?
13. The last thing you drank?
14. The last thing you ate?
Jacket potato and leftover chilli
15. Your last phone call?
KayCee called me on the way home from school to let me know which way she was walking and to ask if her friend could come home with her.
16. Your last text message?
Replying to KayCee, thanking her for being nice to her sister!
17. Your last email?
It was to someone asking me to host content for free. I was politely giving them my prices!
18. The last song you listened to?
It’s been ages since I listened to any music. It was most probably one of the Nashville songs as I have all the CDs and they’re the only thing I listen to lately.
19. The last book you read?
I’m in the middle of reading One False Move by Harlan Coben
20. The last time you cried?
It was while I was visiting the doctor earlier in the year because my migraines had increased from 1-2 a month to around 15. I couldn’t take the pain anymore and was getting very depressed. He’s given me some new tablets and they’re excellent! Until today (I woke with one this morning) I’d gone 18 days since my last attack. It’s the longest I’d been between attacks all year.
21. The last blog you read?
I read Kim’s blog; she writes at Northumberland Mam and I get her posts into my inbox every day. Our girls are similar in age and our youngest girls are very much alike. They even have similar names!
22. The last person you spoke to?
The super wonderful husband. I told him I’d cook because his leg is injured and he needs to rest it as much as possible.
23. The last place you visited?
The Poundshop because it’s closing down and we wanted to stock up on a few things.
24. Your last holiday abroad?
The USA in 1994!
HAVE I EVER?
25. Have you ever gotten back with an ex?
Yes. The super wonderful husband (SWH) and I split up for about a month and I thought we were definitely over. I was so happy when we got back together and we’ve now been together 15 years and married for 13.
26. Have you ever been on tv?
27. Have you ever talked on the phone for more than two hours?
When I met SWH online, we lived quite far apart and would talk on the phone for hours at night.
28. Have you ever lost someone special to you?
29. Have you ever been so drunk you threw up?
Yes and I was so drunk I couldn’t even stand up to get to the bathroom, I just leaned my head over the side of the bed and let it out! *eeewww*
30. Have you ever fallen out of love with someone?
31. Have you ever met someone who changed you?
The SWH says I’ve changed lots since we first got together. He says I have much more confidence in myself now.
32. Have you ever been in a situation where you found out who your real friends are?
I can’t think of anything. My friends have always been there when needed.
33. Have you ever kissed someone you probably shouldn’t have?
34. Have you ever found out people were talking about you behind your back?
I’m sure I must have but I can’t think of any examples.
35. Have you ever broken someone’s heart?
I don’t think so.
36. Have you ever kissed a stranger?
37. Have you ever had your own heart broken?
Yes, when we split up for the month, I was heartbroken.
38. Have you ever had sex on the first date?
39. Have you ever been arrested?
I wasn’t arrested but I did have to go to the police station when I was about 15 because I’d been with some friends who had caused some damage on school grounds when school was closed. I had my fingerprints taken and was cautioned. They believed me when I told them I hadn’t caused any damage and had tried to stop them. It was the scariest moment of my life!!
40. Have you ever been attracted to someone that isn’t the gender you usually find attractive?
41. Have you ever done something you regret?
I can’t think of anything.
42. Have you ever had a threesome?
43. Have you ever embarrassed yourself in public?
I must have done but my memory is really very terrible!
44. Have you ever misjudged someone?
MY BELIEFS AND OPINIONS
45. Do you believe in God?
46. Do you believe in yourself?
I mostly do, now.
47. Do you believe in Santa Claus?
48. Do you believe in ghosts?
49. Do you believe in aliens?
I’m undecided on that one
50. Do you believe in miracles?
51. Do you believe in the power of positive thinking?
52. Do you believe in love at first sight?
53. Can money make you happy?
I think yes but I don’t mean having to be filthy rich to be happy, just enough to make sure the bills are paid and there’s enough left over for groceries. It’s horrible worrying all the time because the money going into the bank covers the bills but there’s not enough left for groceries.
We’ve been in that position a few times and the times when we’re not in that position, I’m definitely happier!
54. Would you describe yourself as a feminist?
Not really, no.
55. Are you pro-life or pro-choice?
56. Do you have strong political beliefs?
I do but I don’t really like discussing politics because it can often turn nasty
57. Do you have strong religious beliefs?
58. What do you think the most important thing you can give a child is?
59. Are you eating anything right now?
No but I’m getting ready for my dinner so I need to go and make it soon.
60. Are you drinking anything right now?
61. What are you listening to right now?
Wimbledon is on the TV
62. What are you thinking about right now?
I was wondering if I’ve missed anything from the grocery order I’ve got coming tomorrow.
63. What are you waiting for right now?
The summer holidays. I love not having to put my alarm on for 6 whole weeks!
64. What are you most excited about right now?
It’s me birthday next week and I’m going out for lunch with some of the Slimming World ladies the day before.
65. What’s your pet hate right now?
Those posts on Facebook that means you have to reply asking for more details, for example, “FFS not again” and that’s it. I never post asking for more details, no matter how nosey I’m feeling!
66. What’s your favourite thing right now?
Ice cream which isn’t good when you’re supposed to be following Slimming World1
67. If you weren’t answering these questions, what would you be doing right now?
Reading my book
68. Your first best friend?
A girl called Maxine at Infant school
69. Your first kiss?
I think it was probably when I was about 14
70. Your first celebrity crush?
George Michael then Jordan from New Kids On The Block
71. Your first holiday?
We used to go camping in Mablethorpe when I was a child
72. Your first pet?
A dog called Jenna. She was lovely but she hadn’t been trained very well and would make a dash for it whenever a door was left open. It would take us hours to coax her back inside!
73. Your first regret?
I tell you, my memory is very bad. I was going to say I couldn’t remember anything but I’ve just remembered that I used to collect stickers and had a lovely sticker album. My aunt would send me stickers from America and I loved it. For some reason, I stupidly gave it away to a girl on my street who also collected stickers. I regretted it almost straight away but I couldn’t ask for it back because that was wrong!
74. Your first job?
I worked as a nanny for about 3-4 weeks after leaving college. I didn’t stay because the mother kept putting off paying me by making one excuse after another.
75. Your first childhood memory?
Behind the shops where my Mama and granddad lived were some railings. My cousin, Emma and I would spend hours just holding on to the rail and flipping ourselves over. We loved going upside down and just hanging there.
We’d also pretend that we were sisters, not cousins but we didn’t live together. I can’t remember why now though!
WHICH WOULD I CHOOSE?
76. Love or money?
77. Twitter or Facebook?
78. Hook up or relationship?
79. Dogs or cats?
80. Coffee or tea?
81. Beer or wine?
82. Sweet or savoury?
Sweet – ice cream and chocolate to be exact!
83. Introvert or extrovert?
84. Vampires or werewolves?
85. Seaside or countryside?
Seaside but not where there are thousands of tourists, it would have to be a quiet part of the coast, otherwise I choose countryside. A nice wood with a little stream running through it would be perfect.
86. Summer or winter?
87. Books or movies?
88. Horror or comedy?
A FEW RANDOM QUESTIONS TO FINISH
89. Do you wish you could change your past?
90. What’s your dream job?
Working from home but with a steady income every month. Some months are better than others and I’d much prefer to know exactly when I was being paid and how much.
91. What’s your guilty pleasure?
92. What are you afraid of?
I try not to think about things that make me afraid
93. What was the first thing you wanted to be when you grew up?
A nurse but I very soon realised that I’m very squeamish!
94. If you could have any superpower, what would it be?
95. If you could change anything about your life what would it be?
The only thing I’d change would be my weight. I’d like to be a healthy weight
96. Would you want immortality?
97. If you could interview anyone alive or dead who would you choose?
I really don’t know. I can’t choose anyone famous because I’d probably be too starstruck to talk! Maybe someone from my family tree who I didn’t get the chance to meet.
98. Would you say you are happy?
99. What one piece of advice would you give to yourself at age eighteen?
Lose the weight while there’s not so much to lose!
100. Where would you like to be in five years’ time?
Right here, in this house. I’d like a new bathroom and for the garden to be finished by then!
Feel free to answer these questions on your own blog 🙂