Chicken & Cherry Tomato Pasta Bake – Slimming World Recipe
We’re all huge chicken and pasta fans so this chicken and cherry tomato pasta bake is perfect for all of us. Everyone loved it, especially KayCee who said it was the best thing she’d ever eaten!
Chicken & Cherry Tomato Pasta Bake
2 syns per serving (add 6 syns if not using the cheese as your healthy extra)
- 400g dried Mafalda corta pasta (or other short pasta shapes)
- 1 red onion, roughly chopped
- 300g broccoli, stalks chopped and florets halved lengthways
- 400ml chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 level tsp Dijon mustard
- 100ml half-fat crème fraîche
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 cooked skinless chicken breast fillets, cut into chunks
- 200g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 150g low-fat cottage cheese
- 160g reduced-fat Cheddar, grated
- ½ small pack of fresh flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- a handful of runner beans
- Boil the pasta, onion and broccoli stalks for 7 minutes. Add the florets, cook for a further 3 minutes and drain.
- Bring the stock to the boil in a large pan, then whisk in the mustard and crème fraîche and season well.
- Stir in the pasta mixture, chicken, tomatoes, cottage cheese and half the Cheddar, mixing until melted, then stir through the parsley and transfer to a shallow, heatproof dish.
- Preheat your grill to medium-hot. Mix together the remaining Cheddar and the thyme and scatter over the pasta mixture. Put the dish on the base of the grill and cook for 4-5 minutes, turning if it starts to brown unevenly. Remove, leave to stand for 5 minutes, then divide between 4 bowls and serve with the beans on the side.
For more recipes, click here
Recipe from Slimming World