Cajun Chicken Soup – Slimming World Recipe
I’m not a fan of anything too spicy. If you’re the same, and this Cajun Chicken Soup is too hot for you, reduce the amount of Cajun seasoning.
Cajun Chicken Soup
- 1 green pepper, deseeded and chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 sticks celery, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 x 150g chicken breast fillets, skinned
- 1 x 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 level tsp artificial sweetener
- 1 tbsp Cajun seasoning
- ¼ tsp paprika
- ½ tsp Tabasco sauce
- 1.7 litres of chicken stock
- Salt and ground black pepper
- Chopped fresh coriander leaves, to garnish
- In a non-stick frying pan, dry fry the green pepper, onion and celery with the crushed garlic until soft. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Cut the chicken fillets into small pieces and dry fry them in the same pan for about 3–4 minutes, until golden brown.
- Transfer the vegetables and chicken to a large saucepan. Add the tomatoes, oregano, artificial sweetener, Cajun seasoning, paprika, Tabasco and stock. Simmer gently over a low heat for 30 minutes.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper, and serve the soup hot, sprinkled with chopped fresh coriander.
For more recipes, click here
Recipe from Slimming World