Bacon, Squash & Sweet Potato Stew – Slimming World Recipe
This bacon, squash and sweet potato stew is a dish I have to make when the children aren’t eating. They’re not keen on squash or sweet potato. The only thing I don’t like about squash is having to prepare it!
Bacon, Squash & Sweet Potato Stew
- Low-calorie cooking spray
- 10 lean bacon rashers, all visible fat removed, roughly chopped
- 1 onion, roughly chopped
- 600g prepared butternut squash and sweet potato chunks
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 4 tbsp tomato purée
- 300ml boiling vegetable stock
- 200g trimmed green beans
- Spray a large saucepan with low-calorie cooking spray and place over a high heat, add the bacon, onion, squash, sweet potato and garlic and stir-fry for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, dried herbs, tomato purée and stock.
- Bring to the boil, cover and cook over a medium heat for 8-10 minutes.
- Stir in the green beans and cook for a further 8 minutes or until piping hot.
- Remove from the heat and ladle into warmed bowls to serve.
For more recipes, click here
Recipe from Slimming World