Pea And Mint Soup – Slimming World Recipe
I love pea and mint soup. When I was younger we’d go to my aunt’s house for Bonfire Night and she’d serve jacket potatoes with chilli and cups of mushy peas with mint sauce. The chilli was always delicious but I always looked forward to the peas with mint sauce most.
I saw this recipe in the Slimming World Little Book Of Soups recipe book that I bought at our group. It was the first one I tried and it’s the one I make the most.
I have to admit that I don’t use fresh mint as the recipe says, I use mint sauce because I like the kick it gives the soup. You have to account for the syns, though, if you use mint sauce instead of fresh mint. The soup is syn free using fresh mint.
Pea And Mint Soup
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 200g potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1.3 litres boiling vegetable stock
- 400g frozen peas
- 10g fresh mint
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Put the onion into a large pan with the potatoes, garlic and stock. Bring to the boil over a high heat, turn the heat to low and simmer for 20 minutes or until the potatoes are very soft.
- Add the peas to the soup, simmer for a couple of minutes and stir in the mint. Take off the heat, cool slightly then pour into a food processor or liquidiser and whizz until smooth.
- Season to taste and serve.
For more recipes, click here