Tomato & Bacon Puff Pastry Swirls – Slimming World Buffet
These are very moreish so you have to be careful as the syns can soon add up! The syn value depends on the number of swirls you make from a packet of puff pastry. We made about 45 swirls from a 375g packet of puff pastry.
Puff Pastry Swirls with Bacon & Tomato
- 1 packet ready rolled puff pastry 375g
- 1 300g packet bacon medallions, chopped into small pieces
- 150g Passata with garlic and herbs
- 4 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 medium onion, peeled and finely chopped
- Fry the bacon and onions until cooked.
- Preheat oven to 200°C/Fan180°C/Gas 6
- Unroll the pastry onto a baking tray but leave it on the paper.
- Mix the tomato passata with the tomato puree and spread it all over the pastry, leaving 2-3cm free along one long side
- Spread the bacon and onion mixture over the tomato mixture
- Using the paper that the pastry came on, start rolling the pastry from the longer side, into a sausage shape.
- Using water and a pastry brush, wet the 2-3cm pastry strip
- Seal the roll then place the baking tray in the freezer and leave in for 2 hours
- Using a sharp knife, slice the roll into individual swirls about 1cm wide.
- Arrange on a baking tray that has been lined with baking parchment, leaving a gap between each swirl
- Place on the middle shelf of preheated oven for 15-25 minutes
Tomorrow’s recipe is for lemon drizzle muffins