Lemon Drizzle Fairy Cakes – Slimming World Buffet
This recipe is from the Slimming World website and it makes 16 cakes at 2 syns each.
Apologies for the lack of photos. I lost them somehow and the cakes had been eaten before I was able to take more`
Lemon Drizzle Muffins
- 1 lemon
- 2 eggs
- 50g low-fat spread suitable for baking
- 6 tbsp artificial sweetener
- 100g self-raising flour
- 2-3 drops of vanilla essence
For the Drizzle
- 8 level tsp icing sugar
- A few drops of lemon juice
- A couple of drops of yellow food colouring
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/160°C Fan/Gas 4.
- Line 16 mini muffin tins with paper cases.
- Finely grate the zest of the lemon, then squeeze the juice and reserve for the drizzle.
- Whisk together the eggs, low-fat spread and artificial sweetener.
- Sieve the flour and fold into the mixture with the lemon zest and vanilla essence.
- Carefully spoon into the paper cases and bake for 15-20 minutes in the preheated oven, or until firm and golden. Remove, place on a wire rack, and allow to cool completely.
- To make the lemon drizzle, mix together the icing sugar in a small bowl with the lemon juice and food colouring to make a spoonable mixture.
- Carefully drizzle over the tops of the fairy cakes.
Tomorrow’s recipe is for stuffed strawberries