Lamb Kofta With Yogurt Dressing – Slimming World Buffet
We have to leave the coriander out of this recipe. I can’t stand coriander and I always know when it’s in something!
The lamb koftas are syn free and the yogurt dip is 3 syns for the whole serving.
Lamb Koftas with Mint Yogurt Dip
For the koftas –
- 500g lean minced lamb (5% fat or less)
- 1 tbsp Ras-El Hanout
- Small bunch parsley, finely chopped
- Small bunch coriander, finely chopped
- Salt and Pepper
For the mint yogurt dip
- 175g fat-free Greek yogurt
- Half a cucumber
- Clove of garlic, peeled and crushed
- 2 tbsp mint jelly (I got mine from Tesco. At the time of publishing, it was 1.5 syns per tablespoon. Please check current syn values)
- Salt and pepper
- Put the mince in a bowl with the herbs, Ras-El Hanout and salt and pepper. Mix well then divide into 6 and shape around skewers. For a buffet, you can use small balls of mixture and shape around a cocktail stick.
- Chill in the fridge for at least 15 minutes
- While the koftas are chilling, peel the cucumber then scoop out the seeds.
- Grate the cucumber onto a clean tea towel and use the tea towel to squeeze out the excess liquid.
- Place in a bowl with the yogurt, garlic and mint jelly and mix well. Season to taste and keep in the fridge until needed.
- Grill the koftas, turning frequently until cooked through.
- They can be eaten warm or cold.
Tomorrow’s recipe is for delicious syn free devilled eggs.
Please note: I’ve lost 7 and a half stone with Slimming World and kept it off for four years, however, I’m not a Slimming World consultant. I haven’t been trained and I’m not affiliated with Slimming World so please check all your own syn values.