Berry Fruit Trifle – Slimming World Buffet
Christmas wouldn’t be Christmas without a trifle on the buffet table! This one is 4 and a half syns per serving and worth every syn, in my humble opinion!
I do have a confession to make, however. I used a light squirty cream on the top of the trifle instead of the yogurt. The reason for this is because my family had to eat the trifle and whilst they like it with the yogurt, they prefer it with the cream. Seeing as they’re not doing Slimming World, I thought it fair that they could choose the topping!
The recipe below is from Slimming World and uses the yogurt topping. If you want to use squirty cream you’ll need to find the syns for your particular brand and add them on. Light squirty cream is quite in low in syns so a squirt on the top shouldn’t cost you many syns 🙂
Berry Fruit Trifle
- 4 x 11.5g sachets sugar free raspberry jelly crystals
- 800g mixed fresh berries, plus extra to garnish
- 850g ready-made low-fat custard
- 600g fat free natural fromage frais
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 2 tbsp sweetener
- Finely grated orange zest and 1 level tsp cocoa powder, to decorate
- Make the jelly according to the packet instructions and allow to cool.
- Place the fruit in the base of a 2-litre glass bowl and pour over the cooled jelly mixture. Chill for 4-5 hours or until just set.
- When the jelly is set, pour the custard over the top.
- Whisk the fromage frais with the vanilla essence and sweetener and, using a spoon, swirl it over the custard.
- Decorate the trifle with the orange zest and dust lightly with the cocoa powder.
Tomorrow’s recipe is for…..wait for it…..homemade Baileys!
Please note: I’ve lost 7 and a half stone with Slimming World and kept it off for four years, however, I’m not a Slimming World consultant. I haven’t been trained and I’m not affiliated with Slimming World so please check all your own syn values.