Cherry Cake Recipe – #GBBOBloggers2017
The Great British Bake Off is back and I was totally ok with the new presenters. It’s not the same without Mary but I like Prue so I’m still going to be enjoying watching every week.
Kaycee and Ant are going to be baking every week so we can link up with Jenny’s GBBO Bloggers 2017 linky 🙂
This week I totally forgot to organise something for Kaycee to make and it was only yesterday I remembered. Kaycee really wanted to make a cake that didn’t look like a cake but it was too late.
She’s making a cherry cake instead using fresh cherries.
I’ve told her to watch Bake Off with us on Tuesday and decide that night what she wants to make so we can be better prepared!
- 225g cherries, stones removed and halved - we used a straw to push the stones out then cut them in half
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- 250g plain flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 160ml vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 200g sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 250ml milk
- Preheat the oven Gas 3/ 170° C
- Lightly grease and flour a cake tin of your choice
- Place cherries in a bowl and add 2 tablespoons plain flour. Toss the cherries to coat in the flour
- In another bowl, stir together the flour, salt, cinnamon and baking powder.
- Beat together the oil, eggs, milk, vanilla extract and sugar in another bowl then stir in the flour until smooth
- Add the cheries and gently stir the through the mixture
- Pour mixture into the cake tin and bake for about 60 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the cake comes out clean.
- Leave to cool for about 10 minutes in the tin then turn out onto a wire rack and leave until cold.
Kaycee decorated the cooled cake with the leftover cherries and everyone, except me, enjoyed a piece after dinner!