Chocolate Fondue Recipe – Perfect For Marshmallows
The girls had chocolate fondue on their summer bucket list. I thought you just melted some chocolate, poured it into the fondue pot and dipped things in it.
Turns out you have to actually make a fondue sauce!
If I were to make this sauce again, and I’m sure I will be doing, I’ll be using milk chocolate. I’m not a fan of plain or dark chocolate.
- 150ml Double cream
- 150ml Full-fat milk
- 200g Plain or dark chocolate (or milk if you prefer!)
- Assorted fruits, biscuits and marshmallows for dipping
- Put the cream, milk and chocolate in a saucepan and heat gently, stirring all the time.
- When the chocolate sauce has thickened, pour it into the fondue dish.
- Light the tealight (if using under your fondue dish) to keep the sauce warm.
- Enjoy dipping your fruit, biscuits and marshmallows/
My favourite for dipping was the shortbread.
Ant had a few marshmallows (he’s not really into sweet stuff!)
Kaycee and Ella loved the strawberries best
The girls said I had to take a photo when my marshmallow ended up with a little chocolate heart on it!