Summer Bucket List Time!
It’s that time of year again! The girls love making a summer bucket list and have been looking forward to making this one for ages.
This summer we would like to:
- Have ice cream for breakfast – DONE – They had pancakes and ice cream the morning after Kaycee’s birthday sleepover 🙂
- Have an Eskimoo
- Go to Hubbard’s Hill
- Make smores – DONE – We invited Grandad round for Smores 🙂
- Go swimming at NK – DONE – Ant took them and they all had a wonderful time, by all accounts.
- Go to Mablethorpe and eat fish and chips and warm doughnuts and ice cream and fresh prawns
- Have a movie night with popcorn – DONE – We watched a movie picked by the girls called, Pants on Fire on Netflix
- Have traditional meals from different countries
- Make campfire twists
- Make apple and cherryade floats
- Play Come Dine With Me – We didn’t get it done in the holidays but we still plan to do it in the next couple of weeks.
- Make paper dolls
- Lie on the grass at night and look at the stars – DONE – they slept under the stars, no tent in sight!
- Have a family games night – DONE – Well, we had a family games afternoon but without the super wonderful husband as he had to work. We played Cluedo and Monopoly Millionaire 🙂
- Go to Daisy Made – We changed this one to – Make ice cream sundaes – we bought lots of lovely ice cream, sprinkles, sauce and a Flake each 🙂
One last item
This last one is copied from the lovely Kim over at Northumberland Mam.
Make ice cream in a bag – Kaycee tried this a couple of times but she ended up with milkshake instead!
I get Kim’s blog posts delivered to my email every day. I’m always amazed how alike we seem to be. I often nod along when she’s describing something her youngest has done. I think to myself that it sounds just like something Ella would do!
I’m really looking forward to the summer holidays. I just have to wait for the girls to get back from the various places they’re visiting for the first 2 weeks….. I have 2 child-free weeks ahead, whatever shall I do with myself?!