Slimming World Beef Stew – Total Comfort Food
This recipe for beef stew is very popular in our house. It’s total comfort food for a cold winter evening.
1/2 syn per serving
- Low-calorie cooking spray
- 12 shallots
- 2 carrots
- 380g braising steak, all visible fat removed
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 bouquet garni
- 170g closed cap mushrooms
- 2 level tsp onion gravy granules
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Peel the shallots. Heat a large pan sprayed with low-calorie cooking spray, add the shallots and fry for 5 minutes until browned. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
- Slice the carrots, place in the pan with the steak, tomato purée, bouquet garni and 800ml pints water. Cover and simmer for 1½ hours.
- Halve the mushrooms, add to the pan with the shallots and simmer for a further 20 minutes. Sprinkle over the gravy granules and stir until thickened. Season to taste, sprinkle with parsley and serve.
Click here for more recipes