Rustic Garlic Chicken Traybake – Slimming World Recipe
Rustic Garlic Chicken Traybake
This rustic garlic chicken traybake from Slimming World was delicious. Everyone enjoyed it and we’ll most certainly be having it again 🙂
Syn free on Extra Easy
Low-calorie cooking spray
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
12 large skinless chicken pieces
600g Desiree potatoes, peeled and cut into 2.5mm thick slices
800g medium vine tomatoes
2 courgettes, thickly sliced
3 large onions, peeled and thickly sliced
4 garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped
4-5 small rosemary sprigs
4 tbsp finely chopped parsley
1 tsp dried red chilli flakes
Finely grated zest and juice of 1 lemon
250ml chicken stock
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/160°C/Gas 4
- Spray a large frying pan with low-calorie cooking spray and place over a high heat.
- Season the chicken thighs, add to the pan and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Spray the potatoes with low-calorie cooking spray and add to the pan in a single layer.
- Cook for around 5 minutes on each side until lightly browned. Remove from heat.
- Spray a medium roasting tray with low-calorie cooking spray and layer the base with the tomatoes, courgettes, onions and potatoes.
- Place the chicken on top of the vegetables in a single layer and sprinkle over the garlic, herbs, chilli flakes, lemon zest and juice.
- Pour the stock over the chicken and vegetables, cover with foil and bake in the oven for 1.5 hours until the potatoes are soft and the chicken is tender, removing the foil for the last 10 minutes of cooking.
For more recipes, click here