No More Messy Bedroom!

Since Christmas Kaycee and Ella’s bedroom has been disgraceful. Ant and I got fed up of seeing it in such a mess so last Monday I decided to go and clean it properly. I’ve told both of them I don’t want to see a messy bedroom again.

Messy Bedroom

I ended up being in there for the whole day (except for one hour at lunch) and with Ant’s help, the bedroom got a change round.
We separated the bunk beds into two separate beds. Obviously, they take up more room but the thinking behind it was that the less floor space they have, the less mess they can make.

Tidy Bedroom!

Time will tell but so far it’s stayed fairly tidy although Ella’s had to be reminded daily to put her clothes to wash and toys away at the end of the day.

The side with Kaycee’s bed has remained spotless.

When they get their own rooms, I know which one I’ll have to nag to keep it clean!

This is the room before the change round

This is what it looks like now :o)

We’ve got some shelves to put up for each of them above their beds instead of bedside tables as there isn’t room and I also kept the fairy lights from the Christmas tree so we can put them on the shelves 🙂

1. Your Child's Room can be updated with these cheap and easy ideas 9th January 2019 at 8:21 am

[…] Changing the furniture around can instantly make the room feel like it has been updated. It costs nothing except time and you can be sorting out toys and clothes while you’re at it. […]

2. fritha strickland 15th February 2015 at 3:11 pm

this has made me want to tidy my house up! x

3. Bek Dillydrops 12th February 2015 at 6:16 pm

You have done a wonderful job! My children have very messy rooms at the moment, which they are attempting to spread to the living room too.

4. Charlotte R.B 12th February 2015 at 11:26 am

Great job hun!
    I think when there is a lot of space and a lot of stuff its so easy to get messy!
    Love what you've done 😀
    Charlotte x

5. Polly Davies 11th February 2015 at 8:36 am

good job! I tackled Kiki and Baya's room last week – so far it's still fairly tidy!

6. otilia stocks 11th February 2015 at 7:02 am

I hate clutter and messiness but I also have two girls so there is no end to it no matter how much I try! Well done you though!

7. beautyqueenuk 10th February 2015 at 9:42 pm

Well my bedroom starts off all nice, I de-junk and it ends up looking worse! I think the new layout you have is perfect x

8. Rachel @ Parenthood Highs and Lows 10th February 2015 at 5:31 pm

Wow – a massive improvement! I love big move arounds and sort outs

9. chickenruby 10th February 2015 at 4:29 pm

its a lovely big room and looks fab with the new layout, I'm surprised you didn't lose the will to live

10. Ruthy Jenkins 10th February 2015 at 4:00 pm

What an amazing transformation!

We're trying to declutter our whole house, but so far my six year old son is strenuously refusing to part with any of his stuff!

11. Sonya Cisco 10th February 2015 at 1:24 pm

The before looks like my teenagers bedroom on a good day! The after is great – plenty of storage is key – then its just getting them to use it!

12. Kara Guppy 10th February 2015 at 6:39 am

Hope they keep it like that – I sorted the boys room and it was back to being a mess within hours

13. New Mum Online 9th February 2015 at 10:57 pm

You can even tell from the wardrobes which one is the tidy one. Wow you have transformed that room. They must love it. So lovely to see real life on a blog xx

14. Clare Nicholas 9th February 2015 at 10:35 pm

Such an improvement and it looks more grown up with the beds like this

15. Mina Joshi 9th February 2015 at 10:32 pm

The bedroom looks really nice. Looks like you really worked hard to organis the room.

16. Michelle K 9th February 2015 at 8:37 pm

Such an improvement! I need to sort out shelving in my boy's room! xx

17. Mums do travel 9th February 2015 at 8:26 pm

It looks great now. I've given up with my daughter's room – she's 16 and it's horrendous. I just close the door and don't look in there!

18. lisa prince 9th February 2015 at 7:39 pm

haha im one who knows it nver lasts long, ive cleare my kids rooms out plenty of times and still found things i knew i got shot of months back lol, x

19. Tracy K Nixon 9th February 2015 at 7:14 pm

What an improvement! Their room is gorgeous – so girly! I love the desihns on the wardrobes and drawers! Are the floral designs stickers or transfers?

1. shelllouise 9th February 2015 at 11:31 pm

They're reusable wall stickers from Ebay 🙂

2. Tracy K Nixon 10th February 2015 at 7:14 pm

Thanks Shell! They look really good! A transformation! Well done 🙂

20. you baby me mummy 9th February 2015 at 7:02 pm

Fabulous improvement! I am sure they will enjoy it more too x

21. snowingindoors 9th February 2015 at 6:57 pm

What a fantastic difference! My daughter's room is a total tip, even though she tidies it daily, it never lasts!

22. Boo Roo and Tigger Too 9th February 2015 at 6:37 pm

It looks great the way you have rearranged it, hopefully they will learn to keep it tidy

23. My Family Ties 9th February 2015 at 5:57 pm

It looks really good with so much storage for everything too – my girls rooms are in dire need of some storage ideas so I will take some tips! 🙂

24. Jaime Oliver 9th February 2015 at 5:09 pm

wow that looks like they have no reason now to have a messy room and they have lots of storage too! .. my dad got so fed up of our mess when we were about 8 that he opened the window and through it all out .. slightly extreme but i got the message lol

25. Cherished By Me 9th February 2015 at 4:39 pm

What a difference! Looks so much better, so lovely when you accomplish a job that you dread. Now can you come and tackle my daughters room…which is teeny tiny so the bunk beds will have to stay…I can barely open their bedroom door.

26. Mellissa Williams 9th February 2015 at 3:49 pm

That is a transformation, everything looks so much tidier now. I have to admit it would have driven me nuts before 🙂

27. Jen Walshaw 9th February 2015 at 2:56 pm

I love what you have done. Mini is terrible at keeping his room clean. I find it a constant battle and I struggle with keeping on top of him

28. Globalmouse 9th February 2015 at 2:52 pm

Wow I love what you have done. I find it a constant battle to keep the bedrooms tidy….and for the amount of time it takes me to sort it all it can take them no time at all to mess it all up again!! It's like a constant battle….and I'm usually losing. Really impressed with what you've done though, it looks like a lovely space for them.

29. A Cornish Mum 9th February 2015 at 2:22 pm

It looks lovely now! I have one very messy son and one very tidy one, so it drives them a little mad sharing a room with each other lol, but since their level of pocket money depends on how much they've helped around the house and kept their room clean it doesn't get too bad in there 😉

30. Cheryl Pasquier 9th February 2015 at 11:36 am

wow, that's a seriously impressive improvement – I had a similar clearout in Pierre's room a couple of weeks ago but I need to do Juliette's now !