Yay!! We have a living room again!

Since we moved in in February the living room has always been half full of furniture for other rooms, or boxes of stuff for the loft, or boxes of books waiting for shelves!

At the weekend, my super wonderful husband built the bookcases at the side of the fireplace and today the books were stacked and double stacked and squashed onto the shelves! They’ve had to be squashed on because we have so many of them but we have more shelves to put up when we get time 🙂

We haven’t painted the new bookcases yet; we’ve had to get the books on them today because in the next couple of weeks we’re fitting a new kitchen so the room is going to be half filled again with kitchen stuff while we decorate and install cabinets!

Until then, we’ll all keep marvelling at how nice it looks now the chair isn’t upside down on the sofa and the carpet has finally been hoovered!

1. Finding old books in the attic - Shell Louise 24th February 2019 at 3:59 pm

[…] the new shelves, double layered and packed in where ever they’d fit. You can read about that here […]

2. Mary Louise 1st April 2014 at 9:04 pm

So many books there! I love our books and can never bring myself to rid of them. I hope you manage to get everything cleared and sorted soon…. A new kitchen! Exciting x

3. Nayna Kanabar 1st April 2014 at 7:14 pm

A lovely transformation.You have lots of books.

4. The Mini Mes and Me 1st April 2014 at 4:56 pm

The book cases are lovely – great job! When you said you had a lot of books I want expecting quite so many. Wowza x

5. Suzanne W 1st April 2014 at 3:33 pm

Wow, that's a LOT of books you've got there! It's really starting to take shape, isn't it? x

6. Kate Davis 1st April 2014 at 12:07 pm

it must feel so much nicer in the room now it feels more organised. The shelves look great even without any paint and are a good use of the space next to the fireplace. We moved February last year and we'd boxed up many boxes for my in laws to store so the house looked tidier to sell, we've recently got the boxes back and are now double stacking the books just to get them off the floor.

Good luck with the kitchen work (also on our list of things to do).

7. Agata Pokutycka 1st April 2014 at 9:29 am

Great transformation!
    I see you are a book worm like us. I have the whole wall in the office with nothing just book cases stuffed with good reads 😉

8. Hellies Corner 1st April 2014 at 7:51 am

Wow, I think you have as many books as we have. The end result looks great, you have a very handy hubby.

9. Sonia 1st April 2014 at 2:38 am

That must make you feel do much better. A little but if organisation 😉 we keep meaning to do this in our living room. One day maybe! Looks really great x