Now the hard work begins!

I LOVE our new house

I LOVE our new garden.

I’m so excited to be making a start today on turning our new house into our home 🙂
Today I’m going to be stripping the wallpaper off the upstairs bathroom walls, sanding down the woodwork and hopefully getting the woodwork painted 🙂

I forgot to take photos of the upstairs yesterday but here are the downstairs photos 🙂

We’re going to be painting the cabinets a nice cream which will do until we can afford to buy either new doors or a new kitchen.

We’re going to be having a new boiler fitted and I’m hoping we can get a smaller one and have it moved so we can use the cupboard!

The breakfast bar is being removed so we can fit the tall fridge, washer and dryer along that wall.

Ant’s going to box the sliding door in so I can have my shelf unit in that space.
This is looking from the kitchen door into the hall. To the right is the downstairs shower room and straight ahead is the under stairs cupboard

I can’t wait to have all the coats and shoes shut away instead of in full messy view like we have them now!
Living room. The fire doesn’t work and is too dated anyway so we’re taking it out.

This is the other side of the living room. Ant’s building me an entertainment unit along the back wall 🙂

My wonderful garden!

I’ll be back with proper garden photos on Thursday when I’ll be linking up with the lovely Mammasaurus 🙂
Right, I have to get to work.
Now, where’s that sandpaper?!

1. Swazi 22nd January 2014 at 5:19 pm

Ooh I love the 'before' and 'after' bit of house moving 🙂

2. Mary Louise 22nd January 2014 at 3:11 pm

Yay your in! So excited to follow your unpacking and decorating plans.
    Great garden! love model mummy x

3. Vicky Wombwell Kuhn 22nd January 2014 at 2:26 pm

Wow – congrats on moving into your new home. It looks like it has so much potential. I can't wait to see photos when you're all settled and have made it your own x

4. Kara Guppy 22nd January 2014 at 7:20 am

Good luck in your new home. It took us 5 years to save for a new kitchen and a year later hubby now works for a kitchen company and he has so many new ideas.

5. Emmysmummy 22nd January 2014 at 7:13 am

I love a blank canvas to work with. It will soon be your forever home 🙂

6. SJ Begonja 22nd January 2014 at 12:10 am

Ohhh exciting times! My guess is that your pinterest boards are overflowing with ideas..

7. Sarah-Louise Bailey 21st January 2014 at 11:56 pm

So exciting I love all the little cubby holes you have (yes I am strange) and your garden <3 I have my first garden here and I love it! x

8. Alison Perry 21st January 2014 at 9:56 pm

Wow, exciting. And look at that big garden – ours is tiny and I'd love more space to run around in.

9. Nell Heshram 21st January 2014 at 8:21 pm

Good luck!!!! How exciting – a renovated kitchen, and all that beautiful garden space to get stuck into. I'm not surprised you're sharing it…

10. anna 21st January 2014 at 8:06 pm

good luck with it all! such exciting times! 😀

11. fritha strickland 21st January 2014 at 3:19 pm

it's so exciting to have a blank canvas! good luck! x

12. Tanya H 21st January 2014 at 2:53 pm

Wow that is a big task, but you sound like you are fully committed to getting it done, which is good. 🙂 Can't wait to see the finished pictures x

13. Mums do travel 21st January 2014 at 2:45 pm

It's great that you have so much energy and enthusiasm. It sounds like you're well on the way to making a lovely home.

14. Jen Walshaw 21st January 2014 at 2:40 pm

It looks like a brill house and it has good bones so you can do a lot. We painted the cabinets in our first house. It was a hard job, but looked ace

15. Kate Thompson 21st January 2014 at 2:34 pm

How exciting! I've never overcome my fear of houses which need work… maybe because I have children which constantly need work too? :S But I've always hankered after a "project". Can't wait to see what you do with it!

16. oana79 21st January 2014 at 1:41 pm

So exciting, I am sure you are buzzing with home improvement ideas! Wish you the very best with the project!

17. MummyNeverSleeps 21st January 2014 at 1:22 pm

Ooh exciting times! Time to make your mark 🙂

18. Janie P 21st January 2014 at 1:00 pm

Oh I love watching a house transformation project. So much potential & I'm very jealous of your lovely big garden.

19. Em @ snowingindoors 21st January 2014 at 12:25 pm

Loving the garden, and that lounge looks huge. Have fun with the decorating and making it yours xx

20. Mummy of Two 21st January 2014 at 11:55 am

Congratulations! Have fun making it just how you want it.

21. Jenni 21st January 2014 at 10:01 am

Lots of work to do, but so much potential. I'm so excited to see how you get on and great work for taking so many photos of it before hand. I always forget to do that which is a shame as it's so lovely to look back at what you have achieved.

22. Mammasaurus 21st January 2014 at 10:01 am

Ooo oooo a blank canvas, such an exciting time for you. I've always found it easier to make plans for a home when it's empty and you are just moving in. I cannot wait to see what you are going to do with that garden – especially after seeing the hardwork you put into gardens last year!

23. Suzanne Whitton 21st January 2014 at 10:00 am

I love a new house – all that potential! Your garden looks wonderful and I'm sure will come into its own, come the summer months. Enjoy!

24. Hellies Corner 21st January 2014 at 9:40 am

You have a busy time ahead of you. I like the necessary equipment in the kitchen… the bottle of wine!!! Look forward to seeing pics of your completed DIY projects.

25. Louisa 21st January 2014 at 9:20 am

It looks like a wonderful house with plenty of scope to put your own stamp on it.We are 2 years in our new house and we still only have 1 room finished (90% finished)!