My mother in law is coming for dinner on Mothering Sunday. I’m back on Slimming World and I want to stick to it 100% so we’re making this Slimming World summer berry cream cup dessert. It serves 6 and it’s only 1.5 syns per serving 🙂
Summer Berry Cream Cup
- 300g quark
- 2 tbsp sweetener
- 300g fat-free natural Greek yoghurt
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 egg whites
For the syrup:
- 200g strawberries, halved, plus extra to decorate
- 200g raspberries, halved, plus extra to decorate
- 1 tbsp crème de cassis
- 1 tsp sweetener
- First, make the syrup. Put the strawberries, raspberries and crème de cassis into a heatproof bowl. Cover with cling film and place over a pan of gently simmering water for 30 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, make the cream cups. Put the quark, yoghurt and vanilla extract into a bowl and stir well until smooth.
- Whisk the egg whites in a clean bowl until just stiff. Add the sweetener a little at a time while continuing to whisk. Fold the egg whites into the quark, spoon into dessert glasses and chill.
- Tip the berries and all their juices into a sieve over a bowl and leave to strain for 10 minutes (don’t push the berries through, as you only want the juices). Pour the juice into a pan, discarding the berries. Add the sweetener and dissolve over a medium heat, then simmer for 3-4 minutes to reduce slightly. Cool and chill.
- Drizzle the syrup into the cream cups and decorate with extra berries to serve.
Tip: Pregnant women, the elderly and babies are advised not to eat raw or partially cooked eggs.
For more recipes, click here