We made a beany sausage casserole last year and it was delicious. I’m getting back on Slimming World after a big gain at Christmas and New Year and I fancied sausage casserole Slimming World style but without the beans so here’s a slightly different version.
I’ll be having mine with speedy swede mash.
Sausage Casserole Slimming World Style
- 4 carrots
- 4 celery sticks
- 300ml vegetable stock
- 1 onion
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp freshly chopped rosemary and 2 tbsp freshly chopped parsley
- 12 Slimming World Syn-free Pork Sausages
- Low-calorie cooking spray
- 300g button mushrooms
- 1 tsp artificial sweetener
- 2 x 400g cans chopped tomatoes
- Preheat the oven to 190°C/170°C Fan/Gas 5. Chop the carrots, celery and onion, place in a large pan with the herbs and stock. Season well, bring to the boil, reduce the heat, cover and simmer gently for 5-6 minutes.
- Place the sausages on a baking sheet, spray with low-calorie cooking spray and bake for 15-20 minutes. Remove from the oven and cut into thick diagonal slices.
- Halve the mushrooms and add to the vegetables with the sausages, tomatoes and artificial sweetener. Season well, transfer to an ovenproof dish and bake for 10-12 minutes until bubbling. Serve immediately.