I had this Slimming World mulligatawny soup for my lunch today and it was very filling. The super wonderful husband made it for me while I was volunteering at the charity shop and it was lovely to come home to a ready-made lunch 🙂
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 celery sticks, trimmed and chopped
- 1 carrot, peeled and diced
- 2 tsp mild curry powder
- 500ml chicken stock
- 100g dried basmati rice
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 2 large skinless and boneless and chicken breasts, diced
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 tbsp chopped coriander (or like me, leave it out ‘cos it’s horrible!!)
- Place the onion, celery, carrot, curry powder, stock, rice and tomatoes in a large saucepan and bring to the boil.
- Reduce the heat to low, cover and simmer gently for 30 minutes.
- Add the chicken and coriander and season to taste. Cook for 8-10 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through then remove from the heat.
- Scatter with coriander (if using) and serve straight away.
For more recipes, click here